Friday, November 03, 2006

Got to stay Fresh!

A year has passed and I can celebrate so much...
1. I've had my marketing job for a year
2. I've had my restaurant job for a year
3.I've been in culinary school for a year
4.I am one bad a** mofo for the past 23 years and 7 months.
But besides all that I need a revamping (?). I've been doing the same junk every week of every month the same.

I was sitting in class last night and I wanted to pull a "get yo hand at my pocket" moment and storm out. I was bored... My life seems like it’s passing by with no progress just the same weekly routines. I mentor, coach, work, and go to school. And my abs are back in full effect from their temporary beer vacay. That's a lot of hats and not once have I complained because I can quit all of them but I'm bored...

See white people do drastic stuff whenever they need change so that’s one page I'm not going to take out of their book plus I ain't got any money. But one thing I'm going to do is quit the restaurant job. I need my weekends back and I don't want to be there anymore. A year's enough and a lot anyway. I want to concentrate on my cooking because that restaurant is a job I want culinary to be my career. I feel that I haven't taken this serious and I spend too much money not to.

Now I wish I had one job that paid enough and was what I wanted to do and gave me time to grow as a person outside of the job but that's not my ideal profession. I like that parable or story or whatever about the Bulls:

There was a young bull and an old bull at the top of the mountain. As they stared down at the hills the young bull said lets run down and bang some of those cows. The older, wiser bull said lets walk and bang them all...

I was the young bull this past year and boy are my legs tired (j/k)... I want to be the wiser bull and walk now. My job is just that my job. My career is something greater. Now there is no quit in me... I've never folded but I have moved on. There is no present challenge that I'm not willing to face; I guess that's why I'm doing this.

My income will decrease that means no fresh shoes for a while but that's the life I choose. Stay classy San Diego and have a good weekend.

A wise man once said: "the"

No comments: