Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Forgot Today was Halloween

Whaddup. I forgot that today was Halloween but went to my little sister's school for their little "parade". All the kids were dressed up and even some of the teachers/faculty participated. A lot of things caught my eye and a lot of things had me thinking hard.

So at one point I was standing by myself and these two ladies came up to me and thought I was just a lonely dad. In my mind I was thinking: I ain't got no damn kids but I quickly responded that my little sister was the reason for the season. White people are so chipper in the morning. I can't deal with people well until I have my cinnabon.

Now on to the costumes. Some kids or parents are real creative, originality was off the hook. I was feeling the kid that was an ipod. That took thought down to every detail. Even the kid who had incorporated his sprain ankle in to the costume. Then came the Negro moments. This one kid had a stop-snatching shirt. His parents were wrong for that. The other little boy who had a red with zebra trim pimp costume can't even explain that to his teacher.

The funniest part of the whole thing to me is the black folks who whipped out the camera phone and started flashing away. The white people all had there high tech digital cameras with the video and super extra sleek slim Sony’s. Picture it little Roquon walking in his pimp suit and dad whips out the New Crack berry to take a picture while Amanda's dad Bob whips his new JVC mobile home theater out to tape this monumenotus occasion. Some people’s parents forgot that they had to dress up and sent them to school with a suit (Donald Trump), an apron (Cheap Super Hero), Glasses (Harry Potter), A vote for Pedro shirt (Napoleon Dynamite) or baseball hat (I don’t know what he was) Maybe cause I'm not a parent, I wasn't into it. Halloween is just an excuse for card companies to capitalize on people who actually by cards.

My mom never wanted us to go trick or treating and I was never into it anyway. The one year we did me and my cousins wore hoodies and had big ol' trash bags to collect. That’s like a job and people probably were like "let me give this Negro some candy before he comes back later and robs me". The teachers that were dressed up were, I guess doing their job but come on, One teacher was dressed up as a woman. My thought is that confuses these kids man, knock it off Why is Mr. Smith dressed like my mom?. And the one teacher as a hippie. Now the kids are going to be like "What do hippies do?" and what you gonna say except medicinal experimentation person who sits in cornfields in the 70’s and protest for the rights of cats and monkeys. That was a funny morning. Now back to work. Everybody has a funny Halloween story... don't be afraid to share.

2 fingers Up.

No comments: