Monday, October 30, 2006

Welcome Home 2006

Good day again my peoples...I was in a bad mood about the whole car situation last week but there were three things that made me feel better:

1. The old lady at path mark thought I was handsome and needed to smile.
2. The Coonery we call "Flavor of Love" had they reunion special.
3. Some of the best looking women God has to offer returned to Hampton U for homecoming.

Bonus: I took a piss on WSSU bus cuz they were staying at the same hotel where the party was this weekend. Post a pic later.

Anyways, the weekend went by pretty much calm. No true mishaps but a lot of why don't you call me type stuff. The typical answer to that was I got a new phone. But people who use that never follow up. So you got to say I got a new phone and didn't put all the numbers in yet.

Shout out to the football team who won 13-3. Don't want to be that old school mofo who be like when we was playing we used to blow 'em out at homecoming. It was a sloppy game but sloppy is better than a "pretty defeat". Shout out to Dr. D for letting us stay at her crib. Breakfast every morning and no checkout time.

The parties were a big mixture of either under-crowded or over-crowded. Exactly what I expected. There used to be years when there was nothing to do at homecoming, now it seemed like there was to much. Tried the party hoping thing but that seemed tiring after a while.

As for the people I saw and didn't: There were the typical people who always say hi, regardless of what's going down. Then there's the people who look at you then look away, then call you 5 minutes later and be like: "I saw you but you didn't see me" That's Hampton for you. Then there's the, “we really have nothing to talk about” folk. Like that cat you cheated off of in Calculus and got a better grade then. Or the summer fling that gives the HBCU hug, smiles and flashbacks of the fling come to mind. Or that janitor who was cool with everybody but you thank God he forgot your name because that would be embarrassing. Or the girl you had a crush on sees you and compliments you then flashes her engagement ring and you be like damn never mind. I wasn't reckless at all. I was a tamed animal. All in all I had good time... Shout out to all my Hamptonions past present and future. Also shout out to Friday night :-) and the extra phone call I got Sunday on the way home.

Leave some love and Stay blessed my peoples.

No comments: