Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Kids Are Bad

Aloha (Hello)

I was sitting here thinking of all the bad a** kids I know... That's a lot. I mentor a kid, he claims he isn't bad but he got the least amount of gold stars in the school. Not the class, the school people! I am the only mentor in the school, but how is it the baddest kid? I coach football... these kids started off bad not listening, disrespectful, and arrogant. It was like gridiron gang or something. Some of the kids have a house arrest transmitter on their ankles and others think I'm they boy and can talk to me like we that cool. They have finally realized that they can't play football and started showing some respect. They have 3 straight going in to the playoffs.

My little sister is bad but not on her way to the Children's Correctional Facility. We were bad when we were kids but damn. So this brings me to today's story... On Monday I pick up my mentee in the afternoons. He goes to an all boys’ school for free and it’s really a better opportunity to get into any high school in the state. My job is simple... I think it’s to be a black male role model that has similar steps that his life has taken? I don't know what I'm doing that’s a good question tho. Anyway I pick up get the daily report and we go up to the mall to trade in his games and get him a new pair of shoes. The principal tells me he pulled over and helped some guy that got shot down the street. He's in the church so that's his obligation, and he asked me if I would stop and no kidding I said, "hell nah." Forgive me Jesus for disrespecting you and him.


Anyway Before we leave Brother Ed (the principal, Bred) comes out and tells some kids to get off the hill outside of the hill because 1) its private property and 2) they could hurt themselves. They all look up and one lil’ bastard (Yeah I said it...) (Shout out to Leon) yells... "Shut yo' white ass up!" Now this mckie fickie had the nerve to stop and stare. Okay Bred is white as a grain of rice covered in whiteout in a snowstorm but damn. The lil n*gga could have acted like he was walking home and then came back (what we would have done when we kids) but stood there like he wanted to throw hands. Bred laughed it off and my mentee and I laughed and he was like "I could whoop all those kids." He probably could because he's like 5'8 in the 6th grade.

I told him not much talking was done with the mouth but with our hands when we were kids (I felt like pops in Friday when he was telling Craig about boxing and surviving without a gun). He then hit with the rebuttal "Everybody got a gun nowadays." That’s so true so I'm going to take Bred's method of peace and laugh it off.

In closing some parents, none that read this blog, need to choke slam they kids sometimes. I'm all against child abuse but when you step out of line that's not child abuse its "LNGW" or a "Lil N*igga Getting Whooped." I'm passing around the donation basket at church next weekend for this marvelous foundation and you should do the same. The logo is a picture of your grandma with a Rollin pin in her hands and a bandanna wrapped around her head.

Aloha (Goodbye) Stay Blessed

"I will kick your kids a** for a fee of $5." --Jean Claude Van Dam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beat all 9 of my kids. jk

Anonymous said...

Always give timeouts for my little Timmy.